I was between two sizes and so I sized up to the 46. The fit is very good around the bust, waist and hips. I had to take it in under the arms, as here was quite a bit of underarm gape and I also took the shoulder seams up a little as it was loose there as well. I didn’t make a muslin and if I had I would have found the back neck was a too bit high – I’m quite short, 165cm. Also the shoulder seams were towards the front and the seam is quite visible. This could be because I used a thicker fabric and that makes the seam bulkier and more obvious. With my next one I’ll move the shoulder seam towards the back by a few centimetres.
I used a lightweight cotton canvas from the clearance table at my local fabric shop in a lovely bright pink gingham check with a black petersham ribbon. The fabric has a bit of body that makes the line of the skirt stand out, perfect for the fit and flare. For something different, with my next version I’m going to use a lighter fabric for a softer silhouette with more drape.
This was a lovely quick project, having said that it took me a few months from start to finish as I had to keep putting it aside to get other things done! I love the fit and flare style and the fancy neckline (that looks complicated but it’s pretty simple to do) and the way this pattern lends itself to bright colours and patterns.